We love Volunteers and strive to always involve as many volunteers in our community as possible. The more volunteers we can incorporate, the better. By involving a large number of volunteers we can expand our mission of “Helping these Families in Crisis”.
Interacting with Volunteers and their involvement with us, gives us the opportunity to educate the public of the following things;
- There are Hard-working families in need of assistance.
- Working families don’t always qualify for state aid. If they did not work they would qualify for assistance. There are people in crisis who want to work but, can’t due to their over-whelming circumstances.
- There are families who need help but don’t ask for it (our families come to us on a referral basis only).
- There are families here in our own neighborhoods that are in crisis and don’t have anywhere to go for help.
- We provide an avenue for community service that is actually enjoyable for the volunteers and helpful to our families.
- Involving new volunteers on a continual basis promotes new ideas and ways to expand our mission. And most important, we don’t become stagnant in our endeavor.
- Helping others provides a sense of being needed, belonging to a group, and the feeling of accomplishing something that is very worth-while.
- We are making a difference in the lives of others, our communities and our world.
We provide leadership training in each of our events for key areas. We allow people to use their skills in such a way to bring meaning to their natural giftedness. The core of a successful program is planning by capable leadership. We meet with core leadership both before and after every event. This allows us a debriefing time to evaluate what was good and went well and where we can improve the event for the next time.