Potential Impact of Support
Any assistance would help us expand our giving to the families we service on a more frequent basis. We would be able to send our families more food gift cards, gift cards to purchase clothing, and gas gift cards to help with travel to and from the hospital. All are greatly needed. It would also help to expand the special events that we host throughout the year.
We are making a difference in the world around us. We don’t have to go very far to make a big impact on people, families and kids.
From the Founder
We have asked parents of cancer and critically ill kids this question, “What kinds of things would you like to see us (Adonai) do for your family?” Here are some of the responses we received:
- “We love the Halloween party and look forward to it each year.” One year a family’s son slept with the Halloween invitation under his pillow until the party.
- “We would love to have more activities for our family. Anything that our family can attend that is no cost to us is much appreciated. Our budgets are stretched to the max as it is and we cannot afford to pay for these types of things on our own.”
- “You provide a place where we can attend as a family. Because of the Doctor’s visits and treatments, we don’t get to be a whole family unit as much as we want to. The events you provide allow us to do that, be a normal family.”
- We have parents drive over 50 miles to attend our parties. Events that provide fun for their kids and lunch or dinner for their family.
- Really, it isn’t about the parties at all, It’s about the “community” atmosphere that Adonai provides.
- We provide a place where the parents can sit back and watch their kids have a good time.
- Where parents can connect with other parents coping with the same type of problems.
- Where the kids can be with like kids and have a lot of fun.
- A place where Parents feel an over-whelming sense of acceptance and normalcy.
- It’s a place where parents feel loved and cared for.
- A place where volunteers cater to the parents and the kids. The parents aren’t the ones doing the catering to their kids. Huge for these parents.
- Most importantly, we provide a place and event where good memories are made. Memories that will last a life time for the parents, regardless of what tomorrow might bring for them.
So when asked “are you an organization that’s all about parties?” My answer is a definite “Yes-I hope so!” Because I know for a fact that We at the Adonai organization provide so much more than just a party. If we can help families create a wonderful memory, a memory that forever will be etched in time, then bravo and well done for all of the volunteers and donations that make those moments possible.
A very special thanks to all of our volunteers, it takes a small army of people to make these events successful. And for all the people who donate money and supplies to such a worthwhile cause. We would not be able to provide these extremely important events for these special families without your donations. May God bless you all abundantly for your help and concern.
Here are some of the Key Values that the Adonai Organization stands on;
- We are a Christian organization first and foremost. By that, we lean on God for objectivity in all aspects and for our direction as a non-profit.
- We know that People matter to God, and people also matter to us.
- We believe that excellence honors God and unites people.
- We value families who are coping with a child with cancer or other serious illness. (All of our families come referred to us. These are not families who call us for a handout).
- We value our Volunteers, they are the key to everything we do at Adonai!
- We believe that it’s an honor to serve these special families.
- We believe that we are investing into creating a caring community.
- We believe that we are contributing in making our local communities and our world a better place.
Executive Director and Founder of Adonai